Visual arts, sculpture, drawing, outdoors, storytelling
DAY OFFER: Skovvejens kindergarten
Period: Dec 2021-March 2022
Leader: Johnny Roy Helbeck
Artist: Marianne Bitch Thomsen
Type of art: Visual arts
Kick-off meeting: Dec 2021
- How have you experienced the co-creation between artist/cultural educator/cultural school teacher, educators and children and possibly researcher?
Experienced it positively, experience of enthusiasm by the children, the children were good at coming up with ideas themselves.
It is seen in the process where the children's different idioms are expressed. Some children are absorbed by the aesthetic, other children are absorbed by the functions.
Which happens in a co-creation between, not only adults and children, but also between children. They are inspired by each other, they could be competition between who builds the biggest.
- How have children's perspectives been expressed/included?
Precisely in the work where the staff spot the children's idiom, it illustrates well that the children's perspective is included.
- Do children play different games and with different people than usual?
It is seen that there are children playing across the groups. This is supported by the adults.
- How do pedagogical staff act differently than they did before PlayArt?
There is a general feeling that it has sometimes helped to stop a little more in everyday life and created a sense of wonder together with the children.
- What has it been like to work with action learning?
It has been good to be able to do an immersion, especially the time for evaluation after each session has been good.
- To the artist/cultural mediator/cultural school teacher, if present: What have you gained from participating in PlayArt?
Practiced all the time to let go a little. The yarn activity where children created their tracks by walking around with a ball of yarn was a good learning experience where the children were more free to unfold their own understanding in the activity.
- What are the pedagogical staff still/now curious about?
It has been good to create a process with children. Where it was clear that they were in flow
click on the picture to see a larger version