Snood story: Karla Green Daycare (2021)
Our first PlayArt project with rhythm and song together with the nursery was a great success. It added a lot to our pedagogical work and to an everyday life where music suddenly takes up more space.
Therefore, we would like to be able to dive deeper into the possibilities with music. What additional games can be played and how can we work more with involving the children.
How to integrate it with other activities.
- How have you experienced the co-creation between artist/cultural educator/cultural school teacher, educators and children and possibly researcher?
It's been great. This is our second course and it has been great to have the artist visit us again. This time with the advantage that she knew us and we could get straight to work.
- How have children's perspectives been expressed/included?
In all of Karla Grøn's courses, we have worked with music and singing games that could easily be adapted to new children and new situations, despite their fixed form. So after introducing games and music, it was all about adapting everything to what the children in the situation thought was fun. So it was important that the form wasn't too rigid. So if there were animals in a musical story, the children could help decide which ones, etc.
- Do children play different games and with different people than usual?
We've already heard some of the children singing to themselves some of the songs we've learned along the way.
- How do pedagogical staff act differently than they did before PlayArt?
Music is much more important now.
- What has it been like to work with action learning?
It can be a little confusing, but it's also exciting to be able to change plans on the fly because the kids want to go somewhere else than we had planned.
- To the artist/cultural mediator/cultural school teacher, if present: What have you gained from participating in PlayArt?
For the artist, it has provided a lot of new knowledge about working with very young children (nursery).
- What are the pedagogical staff still/now curious about?
We are generally interested in how music can be incorporated into new opportunities. For example, whether it can be mixed with language work and Bablerne.
- How will you use art, culture and aesthetic processes in the further process?
We will continue to use music and rhythm in our everyday life, and then see how it can be incorporated into new ideas, such as our work with Bablerne.
- What points for attention should we take forward?
How we can make things easy and create routines around music.